Monday, August 23, 2004

Change

Where did all the time go? It's almost the end of August. Summer is coming to a close. School is about to start up again. I catch myself thinking that "there's tons of time left, it's only june", but it's august. I'm sitting here, trying to think of something profound to put down for the few people who read this (probably just me), and all I can think of is it's august. This summer went by in such a hurried frenzy, I feel like i just got off the plane coming back from school. But so much did happen this summer, it's kind of amazing that it even happened at all. I guess what hits me the most is how much change has happened right before my eyes. Even in my own life, things are moving at an unbelievable pace that it's kind of hard to find time to sit down and reflect upon things. I've been so busy since i came home that it's hard to believe that it's time to head back and start school again. Even with going back to school, there's hardly anything 'routine' about it: I have to look for a new place to live, I have to pick what classes I'm going to take knowing that there's only 1 semester left to enjoy being a student, have to start looking for that all-important "first job out of college", and other things that I just can't think of right now.

What happened to the simplicity of our childhood? When did things suddently get so complicated?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home