Thursday, September 22, 2005

Soulful Melodic Harmonies

[Verse 1] //I know it's past visiting hours /But can I please give her these flowers /The doctor dont wanna take procedures /He claimed my heart can't take the anastesia /It'll send her body into a seizure /The little thing by the hospital bed, it'll stop beeping, /Hey chick, im at a lost for words /What do you say at this time? /Remember when I was nine? /Tell her everything gone be fine? /But i'd be lying, the family crying /They want her to live, and she trying /I'm argueing like what kind of doctor can we fly in /You know the best medicine go to people thats paid, /If Magic Johnson got a cure for A.I.D.'s /And all the broke muthaf****rs past away /You tellin me if my grandma was in the N.B.A. /Right now she'd be ok? /But since she was just a secretary /Working for the church /For thirty five years /Things sposed to stop right here /My grandfather tryin to pull it together, he strong, /Thats where I get my confidence from /I asked the nurse "did you do the research?" /She ask me, "can you sign some t-shirts?" /B***h is you smokin reefer? /You dont see that we hurt /But still... /[Chorus]//...I smile /The roses come to see me /And I can't wait for a sunny day /(Im seeing it through your eyes) /Can't wait for the clouds to break //[Verse 2] // They outside of the emergancy room, room / You can feel my heart beat, beat, beat / If she gone pull through / We gone find out soon / But right now she sleep, sleep, sleep / My mama say, they say she could pass away any day / Hey chick what these doctors know anyway / Let me see the X-rays / I ain't no expert, I'm just hurt / Cousin Kim took off for work / Plus my Aunt Shirley, Aunt Beverly, Aunt Claire and Aunt Jean / So many Aunties, we could have an Auntie team / Feel like Amerie "Its this one thing" / When they said that she made it / You see the eyes gleam / I think we at an all time high / To get there we run, we fly, we drive / Coz with my family we know where home is / So instead of sending flowers / We the roses... // I smile / The roses come to see me / And I can't wait for a sunny day / (Im seeing it through your eyes) / Can't wait for the clouds to break / Who brings the sunshine? / Ohhhhh I smile / The roses come to see me / And I can't wait for a sunny day / (Im seeing it through your eyes) / Can't wait for the clouds to break

-Roses, Kayne West

There's something about this song that's really soulful. I've never been a real big kanye fan, but the new album has a few songs that are worth listening to. But this song really made me pay attention. I feel the words really do make a very sharp point about the world today and the state that it's in. With all this hurt in this world, it's nice to see at least someone saying how it truely is. Not that i'm condoning what he talks about, but i do believe he has a valid point. But the chorus is really the clincher. If you ever the chance to listen to this album, this song gets my thumbs up. Just sit back and listen to the melody and background singers. It's so soulful. It makes your heart ache and feel for the plight of whatever kayne was trying to convey (although i have no idea what that is). Such a sharp and pleasant contrast from the stuff they're playing out there, i.e. lil' jon going 'skeet skeet skeet skeet" or whatever artist saying put your culo to the floor and move it around...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

Hey Eric,

Can you make your font size bigger? It's really hard to read your text...

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your comments.
This song is super its deep and light and soothing all at the same time... Look at those lyrics closely.

This sound deserves full points..

Go KAYNE!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home