Tuesday, March 05, 2002

i've been working on this stupid problem set like literally all day. I'm so sick of seeing all these pictures of squiggly lines and boxes the professors like to call resistors and transistors. I'm taking the analog design class, and it's seriously kicking my butt. As soon as i got up, i drove to campus to sit in front of a lab computer since my modem at home is not cutting it. I'd do anything right now to login from my place, so i can just do it on my own in my pjs. Even as i'm typing this, i'm at someone elses place, hacking away at it, although i'm about ready to just give up. I'm soooo frustrated right now... come to think of it, i've spent about 8 hrs on this stupid piece of junk so far, and i'm not even close to finishing it. blah... it's 1:20am. time to throw up my hands and admit defeat... (not like i was planning on finishing it in the first place)

I remembered about an hr or so ago that i have an interview tomorrow that i have to 'prepare' for. I'm screwed for that as well. It's at 3:15, so i have to wear nice clothes to campus. That's seriously gonna suck since tomorrow is probably going to be another 'shorts-and-tshirt' day. Woe is ME!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!

If it wasn't for this stupid problem set, i'd be driving right now, just going aimlessly around the bay. As bad as it sounds, driving around late at night with the stereo up is the only 'real' way i know how to unwind. I dunno what it is, but i truly enjoy the feel of driving around without a purpose and drowning out my own thoughts with music...
my friends tell me that it isn't healthy, that i'm trying to 'drive away' from my problems and away from reality, and ya, maybe i am. But you know what? what's wrong with that? Sometimes it's good to escape from reality and just enjoy the things you enjoy, just for the sake of enjoying them. No one ever said hold back on the things you find pleasure in, i believe what jomo said, i'm just exercising my "Christian Liberty", to a certain degree. To the best of my knowledge, the bible never mentions anything about not enjoying the pleasures of this world, to not enjoy the blessing God pours upon us. Okay, i'm starting to ramble... i need to drive... and maybe sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home