Saturday, August 10, 2002

Today is the first day of a new beginning...

From here on out, everything is gonna be different. Sure, the motivation was there, the drive, the will, whatever you wanna call it, but now, the goal/end is clearly defined as well as the path. It's funny how you try to prepare yourself for big events in your life, mentally, physically, the such, and when that day comes to dive in, you might as well have not even tried to prepare yourself. Need an example? Think finals... you study study study, prepare prepare prepare, and you think you know everything.. but once you sit down with your bluebook/exam, BAM!!! your mind blanks. It's like you didn't even take the class the past semester. So that's pretty much how i feel right now. For the past few months, I've been trying to psyche myself out for today, to calm my nerves, to try to be rational about everything, and have faith in God above all things. But man, it's funny to see how we humans just crumble and sulk away in the face of stress/pressure. But i know things will be alright. I have no reason to believe to think otherwise, but i guess there's always that 'inner-devil' that just messes with ya. "what if..." But at the same time, things are really out of my control now. There's only so many factors now that i have control over. It's amazing how quickly the amount of control you have over a situation can change so drastically in a few hrs time. It basically comes down to faith now...and the utmost trust in God to get me through this new stage in my life. But if i've learned anything this year, it's that faith in the Lord never disappoints. Never...

This past week was pretty interesting. I got this phone call on monday from this small company OSRAM in San jose. I'm not really sure what they do, but the guy explained that they make the displays in the motorola timeports. You know, the really cool organic displays? the funky green/yellow displays that are really bright. Anyways, I got this phone call from the hiring manager. Apparently they're looking for a new college grad to fill an open position in the office as opposed to someone with a whole mess of experience. They wanted a younger person who is easily motivated to do pretty much repetitive tasks. No, not like stapling, hole punching, faxing, etc... but more along the lines of looking at these little squares of glass that light up and test them to no end, about 50 at a time, all day long, for months. So i finally had an interview that i was really excited about. Plus, this guy's name was HOMER. How cools is that?!?! And to top it off, he's from greece, so he sounds like Yanni when he talks... it's really soothing. I could hear him talk all day long =D I dunno how much they were pulling my leg, but they apparently picked 3 people out of a huge stack of resumes to interview, and one of them was me. But we'll still have to see if they picked me. So the interview was friday. I really hope i get this job. My current situation is not really what i want anymore. Oh ya, i'm working/interning again at MAXIM, where stephen's at as well. It's really boring and i have absolutely nothing to do. The highlight of my entire week was going to visit stephen in his island cubicle away from the group, without e-mail and a phone line. How sad is that? Poor guy... at least he got a new job elsewhere. Good job stephen... get away from that cheap @#$%@# company. I guess i'll just have to keep on praying and looking for that opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home