Thursday, October 28, 2004

The unthinkable has happened!!!

The 2004 Boston Redsox have won the World Series!!! Wait... what? 1918? Oh sorry yankee fans, that phrase doesn't mean anything anymore. Oh? When's the last time... oh, that's right. 2000. Maybe your new battle cry should be 2K. Tonight is living proof that money and ego doesn't equal victory. Go Boston!! Hats off to you. This night you deserve.

Change. Seems like it's everywhere. The seasons are changing here. Summer is long gone, and fall barely arrived before winter starting knocking on the door. Leaves are changing colors, sweaters are on the dogs, kids are all bundled up in the strollers, and baseball is now officially over. Such an interesting thing how much affect change has. The Boston Redsox finally won a world series. The Cal Bears (minus usc) seem virtually unstopable. The Raiders have traded Jerry Rice. Both Bay Area football teams seem to have hit a rut.

With only a little less than 2 months left, there's still much change to come. So much uncertainty. Even more amazing is how much has changed since I've came to school here. My family has moved around. Some relationships have been made, others broken. Things that used to be taken for granted are no longer certain. I've come to grips with what once would have toppled me. In some ways, I'm so much stronger than I could have ever imagined, and yet at the same time, more foolish as well. But in the end, I'm just me. Everyday I learn more about myself, about the choices that were made, about the change that happens all around. I'd like to think most of it is good, but undoubtably, there's some bad in there as well. But, it's just something I've got to learn to deal with and accept, just like the color that was missing from the lunar eclipse tonight...

Go Boston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home