Monday, March 18, 2002

I met up with my partner for my ESPM190 class last night. For those of you who don't know what that is (which was me not that long ago), it's Enviormental Science & Policy Management, which means nothing to me =). Basically, it's an outreach class where we get to teach high school kids about urban environmentalism. What a scary thought... Me teaching high school kids... i'm seriously afraid i'm going to totally mess up and turn them into monsters or something, but alas, i digress again.
So I met up with my partner yesterday at Strada. I went in with the notion that we'd work together to put together a lesson plan and come up with a whole bunch of ideas and what not. I expected the meeting to last about an hr or so, but i was seriously blown away at what happened. This guy basically did all the work, made the lesson plan, wrote down the outline, got all the info for the activities and junk. In a nutshell, i didn't do JACK!!! and to make me feel even more guilty, i'm going to get my grade based off the work he did. He's a CRS major (whatever that stands for), and is basically one of those people you could imagine at a protest to save the forests or whatever. Not that i have anything against that, i totally respect this guy for believing in what he does and taking intiative for it. Oh ya, this guy is caucasian. I think maybe that has something to do with it, since asians are so passive about everything - "don't make waves" blah blah blah... you know how the rhetoric goes...

I had a really good/interesting conversation with Pastor Eugene today. I got recruited to take him to SFO right after church for his flight out to Miami (welcome to Miami...) to see Pastor Harold get married. I've been seeing a lot of the airport lately. Seems that i'm always going to the airport, but never getting on the plane. I guess that's a blessing in disguise though... no security checks, no delayed flights, no messy lay-overs, no lost luggage, no nothing. Even though i'm avoiding all the messy business, I love the airport. had i the free time and was bored enough, i'd just go to the airport and just watch the planes take off and land for hrs on end. I've loved airplanes/airports ever since i was a little kid, and i doubt that my attraction to them will ever die out.... i'm such a little kid at heart... so easily pleased and amused...=D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home