Thursday, January 02, 2003

I went up to tahoe this past weekend to Heavenly. It's so amazing what a difference a few days make. On tuesday (new year's eve), a monster snowstorm roared through the Tahoe region and dumped almost 1-2 feet of snow. We went up friday afternoon and hit the slopes on saturday. Not only was it crowded beyond belief, but it was stinkin' WARM. Snowboarding in just a sweatshirt was almost too much. By the end of the day, the snow was getting mushy and slushy. Not a good thing. But all-in-all, a much better day than when i went last time. No crazy fall this time, no faceplant, no sore spots. I went up with my small group and stayed at a cabin. Let me tell you, there's nothing better than spending time in a cabin that isn't crowded. Enough beds for everyone. What a novel idea. No fighting for who sleeps where, especially since all the girls claim the beds first, leaving the guys to vie for whatever space is left on the floor. Yup, this weekend was very nice. Granted, the people i went with were a little... um.... eccentric, but overall, I had a really good time. But in any case, i think it spoiled me for this coming weekend, when I head up there again with my class friends from church. That's going to be a nut-house. Most likely the guys will be sleeping in the floor, there'll be no hot water for showers, and someone's gonna make a total doofus of themselves and make everyone uncomfortable. Yup, the typical class activity in a non-church environment. What fun =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home