Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Post-graduate life... It's an interesting term, and even more to be living it. It's the time to fully realize what you've learned and toiled over for the last 20 some-odd years of your life and make an "impact" on society. I remember that growing up, all my teachers would say "go to college... you guys are the future of america", as if they were some propaganda machine. But 6+ months after graduating, this whole "go out and do good" is nothing more than old rhetoric now. Right now, I'm probably having the most fun I've had in a while. It's really hard to believe, and in some ways, i don't believe it either. But truth be told, right here, right now, this is really fun. The whole "life begins after college" thing really hasn't hit yet. In some ways, I'm still waiting for that dose of reality, that huge brick wall to come and slam into my face. But then i look at where i am right now, what i'm doing and just the current state of things. This IS life. I'm in the midst of a huge wave of change, whether I like it or not. My little side job, as dumb and inconsequential as it may seem, is somehow preparing me for other things in life. And believe it or not, I'm really having a good time. There's this excitement not knowing what's going to happen tomorrow, if i'm going to get a call for an interview, or, perhaps, another rejection letter telling me that they wanted someone "who is a stronger background" in whatever position i interviewed for. But in every aspect of my life right now, I can honestly tell you that I'm enjoying life. In some ways, just having everything up in the air, not knowing what's going to happen tomorrow, let alone in the next few hours is really fun. Granted, it hasn't been that easy. Nothing in life is truly that simple and easy, but just being where I am right now, at home, working with people that I enjoy to be around, being in a relationship with a truly amazing person whom I care deeply about, and just living one day at a time, I'm really happy.

Moral? Be content with what you have. Try to make the most of the situation you're given. And don't wait for life to start... this IS life. THIS is the real world. Live it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home