Monday, November 01, 2004

The Sounds of My Life Currently:

Way Out West - Melt
David Holmes - Rodney Yates
Lifehouse - Everything
U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name
Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation (JXL Remix)
and some which I can't think of the name right now.

My head is always swirling with tunes, melodies and rhythms. I think i'm somewhat cursed. Whenever I'm sifting through my music trying to find something listen to, most people get annoyed really fast. I have this really bad tendency to quickly listen to a song, scoot the position slider around and move on too the next song, all within the span of 5 seconds. I've been scolded on more than one occasion by a various people that it's really annoying. And honestly, I couldn't agree more, but that's just the way my head works. I just need to hear pindrops of songs, and for me, that's just as good as listening to the whole thing all the way through (assuming of course that I've listened to it before). Which is why the idea of having the option of thousands of songs in your pocket is a nightmare. My ipod is slowly deteriorating, due in part to my inability to listen to few songs in a row. I'm always skipping ahead, hitting "next... next... next.... next..." And putting songs on it is even more frustrating. "I know what that sounds like... nope." I don't think i've ever quite gotten around to filling it up, and why I spend more time in front of this computer with headphones on flipping through my playlist.

If I had a choice, I would rather express myself through melodies, beats than words. Music always just made sense. Words are beyond me. I think that's why I can't verbally spar with anyone, why sarcasm is hard for me to grasp. I would rather just have the ability to let people hear what's going on my head. Life, for me at least, is a continous melody line, ever changing and morphing into something unexpected, rather than a collection of short and witty comments spewed at any given time.

What am i trying to say? I haven't the slightest clue...

But here's to Music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home