Thursday, January 23, 2003

Man, am I pooped. I just got back from tahoe. You're probably thinking "lucky bum" or "what the heck!!" or something along those lines. Truth is, this trip was more draining and exhausting than any other trip to tahoe i've taken. No, i didn't bail boarding or not sleep or not eat. This time, i was playing tour guide. Big deal, huh? This time, oooooohhh yaaaa.... To make the description short, I took this couple that moved from korea to SF 6 months ago. The guy is the son of my dad's best friend from korea. They've been married for a little over a year (i think), and they've never left the bay area since they moved here. So, without thinking too much, i said i'd take them to tahoe on wed when me and my parents met up with them monday afternoon. Sounds like a ideal situation, huh? I get out of work for 2 days, and get to go boarding while i'm at it. It's not quite that simple as it turned out. I forgot the part about them being korean, and my korean sucks, so whenever i have to speak korean, well....uh.... let's just say i get really tired and my korean sucks (ask janet if you don't believe me). So we left early wed morning, and head out to tahoe. So far, so good. My korean is choppy at best, but at least they understand. I'm really lucky that the guy is pretty good with english, so my english/korean switching is going okay. So when we get to Heavenly, i get out of the car, and instead of freezing weather, it's stinkin' WARM!!! I was wearing just my boarding-pants and a sweatshirt, and that was almost more than enough. And to make it even better, the snow is disappearing and turning into slush. I guess the best way to describe it is to think of those Icee machines at 7-11. That was the consistency of the snow. Ick...

So, in any case, we go to the hotel after a long day of boarding. I was trying to get them to learn how to ski and go down the moutain on a snowboard. Where's the irony in that? Dude, if albert was there, i would have never heard the end of it. So we go to the buffet, and the three of us there sitting, eating, and (oh dear) talking. I guess my korean isn't beyond repair, because the girl understood what i was saying (she's not very good with english). So after about 30-40 mins, i'm totally drained. You don't understand how much brain power it took to speak korean for that long. I dunno how i'm going to survive if i ever go to korea (last time i was there, i think i was about 8? 9? long time ago). So this morning, I was driving them around lake tahoe, showing them the sights, and trying to explain things to them. Unfortunately for them, i didn't recover completely from the previous day's language session, so my korean was broken and pretty crappy. Let's just say i'm glad to be home, and free to speak english... sheesh.. i'm pooped... Now i just have to recover before saturday, when i take them to Ikea. Yay... more korean =/ (stop laughing janet... i know you're laughing right now!!! =D ) *sigh* I need to work on my korean... but not like this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home